Who Should Not Receive MMRV?
You should avoid MMRV
- Have ever had a serious reaction to ProQuad; any component of the MMRV vaccine (including neomycin and gelatin); or any other chickenpox, measles, mumps, or rubella vaccines in the past. However, people with a history of an allergic skin reaction to neomycin instead of a more serious type of reaction may receive this vaccine.
- Have a severely weakened immune system due to either diseases or medications.
- Have a parent or sibling with a genetic immune system problem.
- Have a fever higher than 101.3°F.
- Are pregnant.
- Have active, untreated tuberculosis.
There are a number of situations in which MMRV should not be used, as well as several warnings and precautions people should be aware of before receiving this vaccination. However, it is possible that not all of these issues were discussed in this article. Therefore, talk with your healthcare provider about the specific safety concerns that may apply to you.