Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider before you receive this vaccine if you have:
- An immune-suppressing condition, such as HIV or AIDS, diabetes, or cancer
- Had any sort of a reaction to any vaccine in the past
- A moderate or severe illness
- Had a recent blood transfusion (or have recently received any other blood products)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- A low blood platelet count
- A malignant blood or lymph disorder, such as leukemia or lymphoma
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see ProQuad and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see ProQuad and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell the healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With MMRV to learn more, including information on who should not receive the vaccine.)
Dosing Information for MMRVThere is only one standard recommended dosage for this vaccine, regardless of age or weight (click MMRV Dosage for more information).
Drug InteractionsMMRV can potentially react with a few medications (see Drug Interactions With MMRV).