MMR Warnings and Precautions
- Have ever had a serious reaction to MMR; any component of the vaccine (including neomycin and gelatin); or any other measles, mumps, or rubella vaccines
- Are pregnant
- Have a moderate or severe illness
- Have a severely weakened immune system (caused either by diseases or medications)
- Have a malignant blood or lymph disorder, such as leukemia or lymphoma
- Have active tuberculosis.
Final ThoughtsThere are a number of situations in which MMR should not be given, along with several safety concerns people should be aware of before getting vaccinated. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions with MMR were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific issues that may apply to you.